[Framers] Hmm, so do I renew???
Alan Litchfield
2018-10-04 02:55:18 UTC
Yesterday (3rd October) I get an email from Adobe

Your FrameMaker Subscription Edition (one-year) subscription will expire in 7 days
Dear Alan Litchfield,
Your subscription to FrameMaker Subscription Edition (one-year) will expire on 02-October-2018 (PT).
If you wish to keep your subscription active, you must provide your billing information and set up automatic monthly payments.

So according to this, my subscription has already expired a day ago, but apparently it is expiring in 7 days.

In the meantime, Adobe has debited my credit card another month’s subscription, today.

I wonder, should I even renew? I hardly use it nowadays and Adobe do not fill me with confidence.

Alan

--
Dr Alan Litchfield
AlphaByte

Jay Maechtlen
2018-10-05 05:30:08 UTC
On 10/3/2018 7:55 PM, Alan Litchfield wrote:
> Yesterday (3rd October) I get an email from Adobe
>
> Your FrameMaker Subscription Edition (one-year) subscription will expire in 7 days
> Dear Alan Litchfield,
> Your subscription to FrameMaker Subscription Edition (one-year) will expire on 02-October-2018 (PT).
> If you wish to keep your subscription active, you must provide your billing information and set up automatic monthly payments.
>
> So according to this, my subscription has already expired a day ago, but apparently it is expiring in 7 days.
>
> In the meantime, Adobe has debited my credit card another month’s subscription, today.
>
> I wonder, should I even renew? I hardly use it nowadays and Adobe do not fill me with confidence.
>
> Alan
>
> --
> Dr Alan Litchfield
> AlphaByte
> PO Box 1941
> Auckland, New Zealand 1140

Can't you drop it and start it up again if/when you get a project that
requires it?

--
Jay Maechtlen
Maechtlen & Associates

Send adminis
Craig Ede
2018-10-05 19:17:07 UTC
Probably a 7 day grace period.

Craig

________________________________
On 10/3/2018 7:55 PM, Alan Litchfield wrote:
> Yesterday (3rd October) I get an email from Adobe
>
> Your FrameMaker Subscription Edition (one-year) subscription will expire in 7 days
> Dear Alan Litchfield,
> Your subscription to FrameMaker Subscription Edition (one-year) will expire on 02-October-2018 (PT).
> If you wish to keep your subscription active, you must provide your billing information and set up automatic monthly payments.
>
> So according to this, my subscription has already expired a day ago, but apparently it is expiring in 7 days.
>
> In the meantime, Adobe has debited my credit card another month’s subscription, today.
>
> I wonder, should I even renew? I hardly use it nowadays and Adobe do not fill me with confidence.
>
> Alan
>
> --
> Dr Alan Litchfield
> AlphaByte
> PO Box 1941
> Auckland, New Zealand 1140

Can't you drop it and start it up again if/when you get a project that
requires it?

--
Jay Maechtlen
Maechtlen & Associates
626 444-5112 office
626 840-8875 cell
www.laserpubs.com<http://www.laserpubs.com>
Maechtlen & Associates – technical writing, lasers, and ...<http://www.laserpubs.com/>
www.laserpubs.com
Technical Communications. When you have a system or product that others need to understand and use, I can help. I’ve created manuals, operator quick-reference sheets, and many other materials to help users cope with devices, software, and systems.

=
Jay Maechtlen<br>
626 840-8875 cell<br>
www.laserpubs.com<http://www.laserpubs.com>

Robert Lauriston
2018-10-05 21:40:19 UTC
If I'm not using something I've subscribed to I don't renew until I
need it again.

Send administrative questions to listadmi
Alan Litchfield
2018-10-06 02:37:30 UTC
I will likely do that. But I have to say, the amount of time and effort required to get this license going (it was about two to three months IIRC), it probably won’t be worth it.

Alan
--
Dr Alan Litchfield
AlphaByte