Anyone have a script that duplicates Cudspan's TOCBreaker?
Lin Sims
2018-10-17 20:29:37 UTC
We're upgrading (RSN) to FrameMaker 2019, 64-bit. The most recent version
of this lovely little plugin works up to FrameMaker 2017, but because it's
a 32-bit DLL file, the latest version of Frame gets all huffy and won't
work with it.

I don't have to do manually insert page or line breaks often, but when I
do, the plugin saves me loads of time, so I'm hoping someone has replicated
its function. Otherwise, I'm going to have to steal myself to learning how
to script (not a bad thing, but not something I really wanted to have on my
plate right now).
--
Lin Sims
Rick Quatro
2018-10-17 20:58:33 UTC
Suggestion (if it's not too late). Keep your older version of FrameMaker
installed on your machine. You can always save your 2019 file back to the
older version to use some of your 32-bit plugins. The only caveat is if you
use a feature new to 2019, it may get lost when you save it back.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
***@frameexpert.com
585-729-6746 NEW!

Alan Houser
2018-10-17 21:04:10 UTC
Better yet, FrameMaker 2019 ships 64-bit and 32-bit versions. The 32-bit
version is provided exactly for this reason (compatibility with legacy
plugins). Consider using the 32-bit instead of the 64-bit version of
FrameMaker 2019.

-Alan
Post by Rick Quatro
[...]
Group Wellesley, Inc.
Consultant and Trainer, Technical Publishing
arh on Twitter
412-450-0532