Bugaboo
Doug
2018-09-19 18:53:21 UTC
I'm on my fourth Book now, and each book has a TOC file, LOM file, and
two LOP files. The second LOP file in this latest Book has a glitch I
can't seem to explain, let alone fix. The numbering in the QwertyLOP
paragraph format starts out with 6, when it should be starting with 1.
The numbering in the Qwerty paragraph format in the chapter files
starts with 1, as it should.

I made the offending LOP file the same way I made the other LOP file
in this Book, the same way I've made the other 6 LOP files in the
other 3 books. But this LOP file suffers from this bugaboo for some
reason. I can't figure out what's different.

Ideas?

Doug
Lin Sims
2018-09-19 19:00:47 UTC
The first thing I check when that happens to me is whether I have a
conflict between the numbering for the file as a standalone document and
the numbering for the file as part of the book.

The first is Format > Document > Numbering when inside the document.
The second is accessed by right-clicking on the file in the book list and
selecting Numbering from the right-click menu.

If the numbering properties for the file as part of the book conflicts with
the file as a standalone document, FrameMaker uses the formatting set by
the book.

The next thing to check might be whether you set the autonumbering to
something other than 1, or maybe you didn't reset the variable correctly.
Doug
2018-09-20 13:36:52 UTC
Turns out the issue was with the Numbering setting for paragraphs, set
at the book level. It had been set to Continue paragraph numbering,
which meant the numbered list in the LOP format continued from the
previous LOP. Setting the Numbering to Restart paragraph numbering
fixed the issue.

Somehow I overlooked that in this file.

Apparently the Numbering setting for the other 3 generated files can
be set to Continue without causing a problem because those generated
files are all different (TOC, LOM, LOP). The problem showed only in
the second of two LOP files, which makes sense.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Doug