FrameMaker to DITA xrefs
Rick Quatro
2018-12-10 20:02:23 UTC
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the reply. I am using FM 2019 with the default application. I
changed the <fm-xref> elements to <xref> before exporting and I get valid
XML. I am still not sure why the r/w rules drop <fm-xref> instead of
converting them to automatically to <xref>.

Rick

Save on energy at quatro.mystream.com

Scott Prentice
2018-12-10 20:31:01 UTC
Hi Rick...

The import/export client may be expecting attributes or internal
metadata set on that node that you're not including when you create the
<fm-xref> by whatever means you're doing that (since that's a
"temporary" element). The fm-xref is created (from an xref) by the
import/export client on XML open, and converted back to xref on write
back to XML. I'll bet there's something it's setting when it's created
that you're not able to easily see.

Probably best to use <xref> anyway, and set the @format or @outputclass
to the cross-ref format name so it'll do the proper fm-xref conversion
after it's been written to DITA.

Cheers,
...scott
Save on energy at quatro.mystream.com