Displaying a directory
Doug
2006-07-07 20:40:44 UTC
When I click File > Import > File, Frame displays the directory using
List mode. I would prefer it default to Details mode. Word doesn't
display anything in List mode when I click File > Open, so I'm fairly
sure this isn't an operating system (XP) issue. Is there some tweak I
can make, perhaps in the Maker.ini, to make Frame default to
displaying in Details mode?

Thanks,

Doug
Art Campbell
2006-07-07 21:37:10 UTC
I'd like to second the request, but I was told once upon a time that all
"File Open" calls from programs into Windows resulted in that common
Windows dialog box popping up. And that it couldn't be tweaked....
Post by Doug
When I click File > Import > File, Frame displays the directory using
List mode. I would prefer it default to Details mode. Word doesn't
display anything in List mode when I click File > Open, so I'm fairly
sure this isn't an operating system (XP) issue. Is there some tweak I
can make, perhaps in the Maker.ini, to make Frame default to
displaying in Details mode?
Thanks,
Doug
No disclaimers apply.
DoD 358
Joe Malin
2006-07-07 23:37:25 UTC
Both Frame and Word use the new Explorer-style dialog box routines. Word
seems to be using a custom template that adds some controls; it's hard
to tell. I venture to guess that newer versions of Word use MFC, but I
don't know what FM 7.x uses. In any event, the Windows OS routines for
File > Open dialog boxes are so customizable that two programs could use
the same library code and yet display two very different dialogs.

FM apparently does not have any tweaks for changing the file display
default; on the other hand, it does pick up the global Common Dialogs
Places bar customization you can make with Tweak UI. Word 2003 seems to
stick to the Office 2003 standard instead.

If none of this makes any sense to you, then the bottom line is that you
can't do it.

Joe

Joe Malin
Technical Writer
(408)625-1623
***@tuvox.com
www.tuvox.com
The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.

When I click File > Import > File, Frame displays the directory using
List mode. I would prefer it default to Details mode. Word doesn't
display anything in List mode when I click File > Open, so I'm fairly
sure this isn't an operating system (XP) issue. Is there some tweak I
can make, perhaps in the Maker.ini, to make Frame default to displaying
in Details mode?

Thanks,

Doug
or visit
http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/jmalin%40tuvox.com

Send administrative questions to ***@frameusers.com. Visit
mathieu jacquet
2006-09-06 12:47:05 UTC
Hi to all,

I'm using a template which contains a specific paragraph style (called
"Operation Title").

The only occurence of text that is formatted using the paragraph style
"Operation Title" is in the header of the template.

I included the paragraph style "Operation Title" in my TOC, but nothing
appears after it's been generated...

So my question is : is it possible to include in a TOC a paragraph style
that is "template-specific"?

Any help appreciated!

Mathieu.
Art Campbell
2006-09-06 14:02:34 UTC
If you're saying that the tag you want to track is on a Master Page in
the background text container used for the header... no, the TOC won't
pick up anything on a Master Page -- the item/tag has to be in the
body text flow, not isolated.

Art
--
Art Campbell ***@gmail.com
No disclaimers apply.
DoD 358
Ridder, Fred
2006-09-06 13:29:55 UTC
Yes, it is certainly possible to set up a TOC to include one or more
paragraph tags that are specific to particular documents. But the
restriction that may apply to your situation is that generated files
only pick up content that is contained on body pages. Generated
files cannot pick up content that is "in the background", such as
the header and footer frames on master pages.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ

http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/fred.ridder%40intel.

Combs, Richard
2006-09-06 14:12:33 UTC
Post by mathieu jacquet
I'm using a template which contains a specific paragraph
style (called "Operation Title").
The only occurence of text that is formatted using the
paragraph style "Operation Title" is in the header of the template.
I don't understand what you mean by "header of the template." If it's in
the header (the background text frame on the master pages that repeats
on all the body pages), then you don't want it in the TOC -- there'd be
an entry for every page! If it's only in the template, not your doc,
then it's moot.

I suspect you need to clarify.
Post by mathieu jacquet
I included the paragraph style "Operation Title" in my TOC,
but nothing appears after it's been generated...
Do you mean that in the Set Up Table of Contents dialog, you moved
Operation Title to the Include Paragraphs tagged list? Then, if there
are instances of that pgf tag in the body of your doc, there should be
entries for them in the TOC, and those entries should be Operation
TitleTOC pgfs.
Post by mathieu jacquet
So my question is : is it possible to include in a TOC a
paragraph style that is "template-specific"?
I don't understand what you mean by "template-specific." You can include
in a TOC any pgf format that occurs in the doc or book for which you're
generating a TOC -- that's the whole point, really.

You don't say what version of FM you're using. If it's 6, there's a
brief introduction to TOCs in Chapter 1 of the user guide. In any
version, there's an entire chapter entitled Tables of Contents and
Indexes. If that doesn't answer your question, please clarify the
problem.

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs