[Framers] How to edit MiniTOC as defined on ref page so that only headings will appear in HTML5 Help??
Caroline Tabach
2018-10-17 13:32:18 UTC
Frame 2017

I have set up my system to create nice HTML 5 help, with the product look
and feel.

There is one thing I am stuck with, maybe someone has the answer

The PDF file has a mini-TOC for most of the chapters

It is in the form of
<$paranum> <$paratext> on page <$pagenum>

I set this up on the reference page

In the help file itself, I would like to have this Mini-TOC appear as
hyperlinks on each main topic page, but without the variables of the
numbering and page numbers.

These elements are as I said on the reference page, and not part of the
styles (which would be easy to fix if that was the case)

Yesterday I thought that using the MiniTOC in the HTMLTemplate was the
answer, but when I sort of managed to make it work, I saw that it just
gives a list of topics on the same page (Is that correct)?

What I am looking for is how to make a MiniTOC from Frame appear in help
without the extra variables.

Is this possible?

Otherwise the solution, would be to have the regular MiniTOC not be
displayed in the help file, and either have manual X-refs, or make a
different MiniTOC for help files, with conditional text, using a
different set of styles?, which would be a little unwieldy, but would work
permanently.

I would welcome input on this

thanks
--
Caroline Tabach
Technical/Marcom Writer
Rick Quatro
2018-10-17 14:02:20 UTC
Hi Caroline,

You need to duplicate the MTOC paragraphs on the MTOC Reference Page and
assign a different condition to each set (for example, Print and Web).
Remove the <$pagenum> building block from the Web paragraphs. When you hide
the Web condition and show the Print condition, you will get page numbers
when you update the MiniTOC. When you hide the Print condition and show the
Web condition, you will not get page numbers in the MiniToc. I just tested
it and it seems to work fine.

Rick

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
***@frameexpert.com
585-729-6746 NEW!

Caroline Tabach

Rick Quatro
2018-10-17 19:51:15 UTC
Yes, on the MTOC reference page. If you need help, let me know.

Send admin
Caroline Tabach
2018-10-17 20:29:04 UTC
Thank you very much.
I did not know that you could use conditions in the reference page.

Caroline Tabach
Send administrative questions t
Rick Quatro
2018-10-17 20:59:52 UTC
Yes, and I never thought of using this technique until you posted today, so thank you for the chance to discover a useful trick.

Yes, on the MTOC reference page. If you need help, let me know.
that only headings will appear in HTML5 Help??
Make the conditions on the reference page?
Thanks very much
Caroline Tabach
בתאריך יום ד׳, 17 באוק׳ 2018, 17:02, מאת Rick Quatro

Send administrative questions to
Caroline Tabach
2018-10-18 09:04:37 UTC
Rick,
thanks for the help.
This all worked perfectly.

(answering now since I am in a different time zone)

Who would have thought that you could use conditions on a Reference page?